February 28, 2017

My Favorite Things | Creative Construction with Blueprints March 2017

Hello and welcome to this months Creative Construction with Blueprints challenge from My Favorite Things. This month we are creating with Blueprints dies that have an interactive element to them. I decided to use the Blueprints 28 set to create a gift card holder.


I normally shy away from bright yellows in my card designs... I always have a hard time making it work with the images, but I love yellow roses so I decide to go bright and cheerful with this card. ;) I diecut the panel piece from watercolour card stock, taped a border on the edges, stamped it with the Roses all Over stamp set and then I watercoloured it with yellows and greens for the leaves.


Once it was dry, I removed the tape from the edges and adhered the panel onto a Grout Gray card base with strong adhesive, making sure not to adhere down the middle area. I stamped a sentiment from the Lot's of Hugs stamp set onto the die cut banner and adhered it onto the card.

I added a gift card to the inside and finished the card with some clear sequins and gold stickles. It's definitely yellow and bright but I like the texture of the watercolor paper showing through onto the flowers.


Make sure to check out the MFT blog today for more ideas and designs using Blueprints dies.
Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies