April 18, 2017

My Favorite Things April Card Kit Countdown | Day 1

Hello and welcome to day 1 of the countdown to the MFT April card kit A-maze-ing! This kit is so much fun and there are endless design possibilities with it!

For my card today I decided to use the kit and add some other favorite MFT stamp sets to create a fun card design. The Uncorked stamp set has a sentiment that works perfectly with the maze and who wouldn't love a card with a maze game that leads you to a glass of wine!?! ;) ;)


I stamped the glass of wine on a white piece of cardstock and coloured it in with Copic markers and then I trimmed it down small enough to fit behind the circle opening for the maze. I cut the circle from a Grout Gray card base, added some splatter stamping with Grout Gray and Cement Gray ink and then I stamped the sentiment under the circle with black ink.

I assembled the maze by adding the Circle Shaker Pouch, the maze shape and little ball and then I adhered the cardstock piece with the wine glass directly behind it making sure to line up the wine glass with the center of the maze.


I finished the card by adding the wine bottle to the maze (I put foam adhesive on the part of the bottle that hangs off the dimensional shaker window) and then I added some clear sequins.

Make sure to head over to the MFT blog for more ideas using this months kit. Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you tonight for the official release at 9pm EST!

Supplies

8 comments:

Holly Roper said...

Cute! I know just who to make this for!!!

Dee said...

Such a clever combination that will motivate a solution to the maze!

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

Now this is My Kinda Card... How creative...Fabulous!

Teresa Doyle said...

Super cute card Stephanie. The wine glass in the middle is a fantastic touch! Very clever!

Purple Princess said...

Love this one!!

Wanda R. said...

This is one is great! I have some friends this would be great for!

LPickerel said...

Love this! That's a maze I'd spend time figuring out.

Billie A said...

This looks like such a fun card and using a different stamp really is a great idea. Love that the wine bottle and fussy cut glass of wine stand out against the white. Great card.