September 03, 2017

My Favorite Things September Release Countdown | Day 3

Hello and welcome back! It's day 3 of the countdown to the My Favorite Things September release and I have a few cards to share that use one of my favourite releases from this month, the Blessing and Blessed Die-namics.


I used a couple of older backgrounds (Wavy Coloring Book and Garden Flourish) and heat embossed them onto a white card stock panel with white embossing powder. I then added Distress inks using one of my favourite holiday colour combinations - Peacock Feathers, Festive Berries and Lucky Clover. 


I created four backgrounds, and added the same ink colours to all four. I then added some water to give them a distressd look before trimming them down and adding them to a white card base. I stamped the Christmas part of the sentiment using a stamp from the new Bitty Bears stamp set onto black card stock and embossed it with white embossing powder.


I diecut the word 'blessings' from white card stock 4 times and adhered them all to vellum. I then carefully cut around the vellum to leave a border around the word and then I adhered the sentiments to the card design to complete them. 


I created these cards for tomorrowa episode of MFTv so stay tuned to the MFT YouTube channel if you want to see them created from start to finish. :-) 

See you tomorrow for more countdown fun! 

10 comments:

BeverlyBL said...

Oooooooo!! These are pretty. I'll be watching for the video.

Kleri said...

Lovely set of Christmas cards!I like the non-traditional look!Thank you for the inspiration!

Dee said...

I'm anxious to see the video of how you made the strikingly beautiful Christmas cards! Well done!

Unknown said...

These are stunning!

lritchie said...

Love these cards, love the background colors you have chosen! Just gorgeous! So different from the many subdued colors from the other card makers!

Purple Princess said...

absolutely gorgeous!!

Billie A said...

Beautiful. Stunning. I wouldn't of thought Christmas but I love it. I will be looking at BG stamps and trying this.

Trina said...

These are gorgeous!

MaggieM said...

Great cards. Love the colors and the background stamps!

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

Great card !! Very unique !!