May 04, 2018

My Favorite Things May Release Countdown | Day 4


Hello and welcome to day 4 of the My Favorite Things May Release Countdown. For the next five days, we'll be sharing cards and projects featuring all of the new products coming out on May 8th at 9pm EST.

And stay tuned for the week following each release - we're bringing you even more inspiration and ideas using all of the new products! 

For my card today I used the new Cross-Stitch Flower Frame Die-namics to create a fun rainbow shaker card. I first blended distress inks onto the flower petals in rainbow order until I had the entire flower covered and then I added stitching to each petal with the same thread colour.

Once I had the flower completely stitched, I layered it with the Shaker Flower Die-namics to create a full flower design with leaves, and then I added a circle shaker pouch to the center with black & white polka dot paper as the background. Since I already had a lot of colour on the flower, I used clear sequins in the shaker pouch to really keep the focus on the flower.

I created a square card base with Black Licorice card stock and added a white card stock panel on top that was cut slightly smaller. I added the flower to the card base and finished with a sentiment that was stamped and white heat embossed onto a black sentiment strip. 

Thanks so much for joining me for Day 4 of the May release countdown. Make sure to head over to the MFT blog for a closer look at the new products and more ideas using them.

See you tomorrow for more countdown fun!!

Supplies

5 comments:

Debbie Nelson said...

So bright and cheerful! Thank you!

Maddietrain said...

So wonderful! Love shakers!

Lagene said...

Super cool stitched & colorful flower shaker card!

Katia said...

I love the coloring shaker card, is awesome!!!

Purple Princess said...

So fun! I love the rainbow colors!